Wednesday, September 10, 2008

It's already September???

Wow, time flies when you're havin fun huh? I really should just update more regulary... Mo had a week break from school and he enjoyed that thoroughly. I sent him to Alaska for a few days so he could relax and get away from the heat for a bit. He's had enough of the Arizona heat. While he was gone, we had a crazy monsoon like storm that looked and felt like the flood gates were opening. Thunder and lightening and wind! And then the funny thing is, the next morning, you wouldn't even know that anything had happened. It's dry as a bone on most roads! A couple of roads get flooded over occasionally.

We were also able to go to Idaho for Labor Day weekend and we had a fantastic time there! I finally got to take Mo to the Eastern Idaho State fair that I have been talking about to him every September since we've known each other! I love that fair, that's all there is to it. Great food and weird people, (don't worry, I know I'm probably one of them) what more can you ask?? Mo couldn't believe how much food we were eating, but I had to make up for the 4 years of missing the fair! My favorite are the scone nuggets with honeybutter, which are basically mini scones. Everytime, I get them, eat the whole thing, and then feel sick afterwards, but they are so worth it! My favorite thing that Mo said when we went to the cow barns, was this. "Wow, look how big that cow is? I have never seen a bigger cow before. What do they feed those animals?" Its funny to see him discover something so new to him like a little kid! Love it! Anyway, I could go on and on. Here are some pictures of my fun nieces and newphews that we saw while we were there.


I almost took these babies home with me!

Kaden and Kristen checking out their birthday gifts!





Another fun one.....




Bedtime, but she looks way too cute to go to bed! (You can't tell what's on my mind from looking at these pictures, huh?)




An Idaho sunset....

6 comments:

Criscell said...

Your post makes me miss home! I love the Fair too. It's the best. That sunset picture was gorgeous!

Karisa said...

I'm glad Mo got to experience the EISF. I'd have to agree on the Scone Nuggets. You should have called and we could have met up and been weird at the fair together. Glad you got to come home and see the family.

Nikki said...

I think you looked so natural with a kid in each arm. Maybe you should expand your thought on what is on your mind! :) Love the sunset picture...good work!

Deborah said...

That is so funny! I was just talking about the good ole Idaho State Fair to Christian the other day. Those were the days . . .

Kayleen said...

Hey! I had the scone nuggets too. . . you just can't go without them right! The fair is so fun. I hadn't been since my first year in college. It was great to see you and to meet your husband!

Sabrina said...

You have the cutest nieces and nephews! I wonder where they get it from?