Thursday, August 20, 2009

Signs of 3rd trimester.....

This past week has felt like the most significant week in my pregnancy so far. It's like out of nowhere, I feel huge, sore and awkward almost all the time! A couple things have happened this week that have made me feel this way.
You know you're definitely out of the "honeymoon stages" of pregnancy when:
1) Co-workers make comments to you like, "Wow you look huge today!
2) "I swear you went from small to large overnight!"
3) "I can't help but notice you have a little shelf you can rest your hands on now!"
4) "You look really tired. Are you sleeping well?" (Um no, not when you're getting up to pee and find a comfortable position half the night!)
5) People walk by you at work and you catch them just staring at your stomach with a look on their face, like "WOW." They don't disguise it well.
6) You go out for walks in the morning and afterward feel like you just did a strenuous aerobics class. (sore joints, backache, etc)
7) You start feeling painful nerve twinges you didn't know you had.
8) You're baby uses your abdomen as a punching bag....and you will also see a foot go from one end of your stomach to the other.

These are just some things I've noticed this week that I thought I should capture because this week I've felt like I've officially entered the last stages of pregnancy. I will always remember week 32!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Oh Julia I feel your pain! I remember with my last pregnancy I was at church leading the song for the primary children. I had someone come up to me afterwards and ask me when I was due. When I told her I had a few more month left she almost fell over. "Wow you are so big and your turkey timer is poking out!" (I now had a new name for my belly button and I suddenly became very self concious about what shirt I was wearing!)

Oh the joys of pregnancy . . . hang in there!

Angie said...

Congratulations, Julia! Don't you just love all the "attention" you get being pregnant? I am glad to hear that the pregnancy is going well so far. Our son, Tanner, was born June 2nd and he has been an absolute joy! Little boys are so much fun!

[Stacia] said...

Although this probably won't make you feel any better, it might make you consider having another baby- It's so much harder with your first pregnancy! Hang in there-any names yet?