Friday, June 13, 2008

Our new home

Well I'm finally updating and we've had a lot go on in the last 3 weeks. We made it safely to Arizona with stops in Idaho and Utah. I only rode in the Uhaul from Utah to Arizona and I was having a rough time making it through! I even drove the beast for awhile, so I have a new found respect for Mo and Nate as I tried to imagine what 14-16 hour driving days for 4 days straight were like in a 26 foot Uhaul with a car trailer attached to the back. They deserve a medal, nice work!
Unpacking and figuring out where everything should go is always a chore, but we are almost finished. We have more space in this aparment, which is very nice. The first time we ventured out trying to find different places like grocery and Costco was an adventure. We didn't have the internet yet, so we couldn't look up the places, so we did a lot of driving around and never did find Costco that day, because I thought I was going to have a heat stroke driving around in the hot car! We have A/C, but it just wasn't cutting it at over 100 degrees! Mo seemed to do okay, but I needed a little longer to adjust. I'm doing better now. We've visited the pool a couple of times and only gotten semi-burned because I'm being very careful about that. I am not a happy person when I'm sunburned! My friends and family know a little about that!!!
Mo started school this week and is getting right into it. He's got a lot of classes, and will need a lot of study time, so in that way, life is back to normal. I've been having interesting situations with my job hunting, which is hopefully resolved now. I started a job last week and worked for a week before finding out I had another job offer that was a lot better. So I quit that job and will be starting my new job with American Funds in July. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the pool, shopping, and possibly finding a temp job for a couple of weeks. We'll see how that goes, but 3 more weeks off sounds kind of nice right now!

No comments: