Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Reminising...Got Tagged!

I hope I can remember back that long ago Nikki! Here goes...

20 Years Ago: Shoot, I was 8 years old and I think that was my first summer playing summer softball on a real team. I remember I specifically wanting to play because during the school year we were playing softball in PE and I got yelled at by a boy because I missed a fly ball. It made me so mad that I made it my personal goal to learn how to play better and show him the next year how good I was! It sounds so funny reading over that now! Anyway another reason was that my mom was my coach and she was a dang good one too. She was a crazy fast pitcher back in her day and I'll never forget the first time she pitched me one of her fast balls! It burned my hand under my glove! Go Sharon!

10 Years Ago: I had just graduated high school and was feeling awesome! I was taking a college summer class in Idaho Falls and having a fun summer rendezvous with a certain boy I was hung up on. Life was sponteneous, carefree and fun. I was excited to start school at the infamous Ricks College. Little did I know what was in store for me as I learned a whole lot about being away from home, learning who I was, and that all people weren't just like me! Interesting concept huh?

5 Years Ago: 5 years ago was a great time in my life. I was 1 year from graduating college at Utah State and enjoying summer in Logan. I had just got back from Hawaii with 3 friends and working and taking a summer class. Summer softball league was awesome and the snow shack afterwards was even better! I remember many nights playing tennis with cute boys and trips up the canyon for campfires. I was having a fun and living in the moment!

3 Years Ago: This was a great time too! The 2 years before that were kind of rough! I had moved to Alaska for the summer to live with my brother and sis-in-law and little did I know what life had in store for me! I was working for Princess Tours and was beginning a whirlwind dating spree with my now husband Mo! I think at this time I had been on a couple of dates with him, but these dates were almost every night! I was trippin out on that and remember talking to my good friend Nikki about all the craziness I was feeling about it!

1 Year Ago: I was now married and enjoying the summer in Anchorage, going on camping trips, bike riding, and just have a nice summer. Life was good, I loved my job, and I was learning what being married was all about.

This Year so far: This year has gone by fast with Mo graduating and us moving to Arizona this May. We had to say goodbye to family, friends, great jobs, and the beauty of Alaska!

Yesterday: Yesterday I was taking advantage of my few last days of not working by going to the pool at our apartment complex and successfully getting sunburned in the 115 degree Arizona weather. It's not too bad, I've had way worse in the past and have learned the error of my ways, by using sunscreen and not staying out in the sun for too long!

Today: Today I went for a run with Mo at 6 a.m. (its the only time you can be out and not have a heat stroke) and worked more on beautifying our apartment and doing paperwork for my new job, and of course updating my blog!

Tomorrow: Enjoying more of my stay at home wife gig and I will be continuing my picture frame projects and trying to figure out how to use my bluetooth device for my new cell phone. Am I the only one who doesn't know how those things work?

In the next year: I hope to enjoy my new job and help Mo through his first year of PA school. Arizona will hopefully become better and better and feel more like our home. I would also love to travel around more to see family and friends!

I'm going to tag old and new friends! Tiff Evans, Deborah, Tiff Eaton, Stacia, Danielle, Kayleen

1 comment:

Criscell said...

Fun to read, Julia! Cute blog. It's nice to have such great neighbors!