Sunday, May 3, 2009

Life lately

Or I should probably say, life in the last 2 months! In February, we took off to Alaska for a whole day to attend John and Jess' wedding. We would have liked to stay longer, but Mo had finals the following week. So it was whirlwind of a trip, but it was still fun to see everyone for awhile.






The next weekend, we drove from Arizona and stayed in Utah for a couple of days for John and Jess' open house there. We had a fun time staying at Nate and Stacia's and we also got a ski day in. It was windy and cold that day, and I wasn't having the greatest time. I'm pretty sure it was because I was newly pregnant and was worried in the back of my head that skiing can be dangerous at times. But by the end of the day, I was doing fine and having a good time.





I was a little nervous about going down this run!











Since then, we've just been living life and I've been getting used to being pregnant. I am now 17 weeks and we'll go in for my ultrasound next week to see if we're having a boy or girl! We're getting very excited to be parents and move into that next phase of life. We also bought another car this past month. Mo will be starting rotations and will now need a car to drive all over Phoenix for his rotations, so our days of having one car are now over. We've also been enjoying the outdoors while we can, however, I think we're going up to the 100's this week! Here comes the summer!













Oh yeah, here are somewhat prego pictures of me. I had some requests to post some pics, but I'm not sure if I want to do any of that tight shirt crap. (Not that's it's bad that anyone else does that, I'm just too shy to do that at this point.) Maybe later on, I'll post some of those.. They were more just some candid pictures me me messing with some ducks that always visit us outside of our apartment.

6 comments:

[Stacia] said...

I told those boys to be careful with you and my nephew (ok, or neice) on that ski trip! And by the way, that tight shirt crap (if it's the right tight shirt) tends to make ya look skinnier when you're pregnant- so come on!
Can't wait till December to have you guys so close!

And thanks for the post-it's about stinkin' time!

Julia said...

Haha! Stacia, you know those tight shirts women wear to take belly pics when they're prego? That's what I meant cause I didn't want wear one of those shirts yet to post pictures. Okay, where are your belly pics?

[Stacia] said...

This is my second time being pregnant so nobody cares as much! But I have actually had Nate take a few this pregnancy so maybe one day... :)

The Wright Family said...

I haven't checked in for a long time! You look so cute pregnant! CONGRATS!

Criscell said...

I still can't believe you're already 17 WEEKS PREGGO!!! CONGRATS--you look awesome!! I'm soooo super happy for you! I can't wait to find out what you're having and I'm so glad you haven't been too sick.

Cara and Steve said...

Love the pics... your pregnant belly is looking so cute :) I can't wait to find out what oyu guys are having!